Well Vlad The Affiliate went and did it! What did he do? Well besides being A Stand Up Guy and a smart Affiliate Marketer, he “tagged” me to write a post about what I’d do to improve my blog. I’ve been thinking about what I’d write all week and now I’ll finally get the words written. What follows, is an emotional roller coaster of feelings and heart-felt criticisms of the current state of my site. …Well actually it’s just me taking a realistic look at my blog.
1) Let’s see, first I’d post more regularly. My posting has become pretty spotty this summer. I’ve been helping out at the Authority Site Center with their support and user-training and have had some difficulty keeping up with my goal of posting every day. Many times, I’ve found myself scrounging around YouTube.com at 12:45AM looking for a video to post on my site before I went to bed. More often then not, I’d go to bed without even making a post.
So, goal number one is to get more original content out there.
2) Make and post more original videos. I like videos and I like making them (strictly screen capture though – I have the perfect face for radio 🙁 ). Anyway, I’d like to incorporate more videos into my blog, How-to’s and even some concept videos.
3) Better Writing! Occasionally I get lucky, but often my posts are rushed and don’t really represent the kind of writing I can do. Moving forward, I’d like to spend more time writing my posts and less time trying to fit keyphrases into them.
4) Use Blog Carnivals more. I’ve had several posts published in blog carnivals. They’re a great way to get new people to your site. I’d like to make it a point to submit a new article/post to a blog carnival at least twice per month.
5) Organize the site better. I have to many, not very well thought out categories and pointless subdomains. Somewhere down the line I want to fix all this and get it into a logical order (yeah, that’ll happen!).
So there it is, five things that I can do to improve my blog. Hopefully by this time next year, I’ll have gotten around to at least one or two of them.
Thanks Vlad, That Was Fun!
Time To Do Some Tagging Of My Own…
Okay so I’m tagging some members of the Authority Site Center who have blogs that I Like:
Bonnie Lowe: Best Earning Strategies
Sonny Wylie: Work From Home Business Success
David Ledoux: Did You Smell That?
Mike Lang: The Lang Report
…And One Non-ASC’er:
Woody Maxim: Woody Maxim